Friday, June 20, 2008

McCain: "I didn't love America until I was deprived of her company."

Verdict with Dan Abrams on MSNBC dropped a bombshell on McCain last night! He has uncovered videos of John McCain stating, on more than one occasion, "I really didn't love America until I was deprived of her company."

This is after McCain's camp has attacked Michelle Obama repeatedly for making a similar statement, "For the first time in my life, I really am proud of my country." Seems like the pot is calling the kettle black.

I actually believe McCain's comment is much worse than Michelle's in that it implies he didn't love his country at all, even upon entering the military; it wasn't until he returned to the US as a POW that he fell in love with her (AMERICA). How ironic...

I honestly believe Michelle meant to say "I am more proud of my country." But that's just my opinion. What's yours?