Wednesday, February 20, 2008

17,000 Strong in Dallas, TX

The momentum continues!

Obama gave a rally in Dallas, TX on Wed, 2/20. He attracted (...yes, attracted!) a crowd of approximately 17,000 supporters! Emmitt Smith surprised the crowd with his appearance in support of Obama.

Take a look at the picture below. I have been a political junkie for a while. I entered GSU majoring in Political Science. I cannot say that I have ever witnessed any type of campaign, presidential or otherwise, that turned into an actual movement. This is the most inspiring, energetic and promising movement I have ever witnessed in the US.

















Below is a statement Obama made during the rally. It is pretty obvious he is referring the traditional, mudslinging tactics that have been recently used against him by the"experienced" Washington players, Clinton and McCain.
... "Senator Clinton told us that there was a choice in this race, and, you know, I couldn't agree with her more," Mr. Obama said. "It's not a choice between speeches and solutions; it's a choice between a politics that offers more of the same divisions and distractions that didn't work in South Carolina and didn't work in Wisconsin and will not work in Texas, or a new politics of common sense, of common purpose, of shared sacrifice and shared prosperity."
Disclaimer: I know some may compare this movement to that of the Civil Rights Movement, the Womens' Movement and other calls for change. That may be true. I do not discredit that in any way. However, I did not personally witness or participate in any of those movements. This is a first for me!

No comments: